Art by Donna Gotlib

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brain Zaps, B52, and a Hurricane Named Ida





Yesterday was my fifty second birthday. It was a great day filled with fun and adventure. I'm still in shock over the number 52, but I'll be singing "Love Shack" for the next twelve months.

My sister Ann and I spent a portion of the day back and forth on the phone enjoying the total "woo woo" irony of a tropical storm/hurricane named Ida deciding to race up towards Mobile on my birthday this year. Neither of lives there anymore but that is beside the point. Storms are unique, especially when they come roaring up the bay towards your birth place on your birthday six months after your Mother's death, especially if the storm was named after your Mother. Her name was Ida Elizabeth. What are the odds?

I'm busy working on new art. Brain Zaps. This one is called "Curb Appeal

3 comments:

RockerJewlz said...

That hurricane name...that's really wild. My mom's death anniversary isn't for another month but emotions have really been pounding me....after 7 years. Most of the year I handle it fine by recalling good memories if I start to tear up....but man, when it's this close, I have surprising moments of anger and tears....interesting.

All I can say is, I'm glad it's not as intense...and only time can do that.

Susan said...

Hey D. I'm glad that Ida is making you think of your Mom. My mom could be a hurricane, too. Anniversaries get easier as they pass. Perhaps the fact that I dream about Mom all the time helps make it easier. I'm coming up on 13 years for my mom and 14 years for my mother in law. Congrats on the birthday and the walking, too. Are you wearing a monitor on your foot? Just wondering. Susan

Bella Sinclair said...

Hello, dear Donna! Wow, a lot of 'coincidences' happening there. Perhaps not coincidence at all.

And happy, happy, happy birthday to you! Hahahaha, I just got the B52s reference!

Your art is dazzling. I had to blow it up, and I got lost in the chaotic energy. So much fun! Hugs to you. :)

Blog Archive

Followers